That Time We Went to the Zoo

I've been wanting to go to the zoo for months, but every time I brought it up, Dan shot it down.  I don't think he's much of a ...

I've been wanting to go to the zoo for months, but every time I brought it up, Dan shot it down.  I don't think he's much of a walking around and looking at animals type of guy.  (He is, however, a racquetball kind of guy.  He's been asking to play everyday.)  Fortunately, since my cousin's baby turned one yesterday, we all went to the zoo to celebrate.  It was exhausting!  Why does that place have so many hills!?  And with all the little kids running around, I was constantly counting heads.  It was beautifully chaotic and I had so much fun!  I'm excited to go again!



Little Aimee

Brithday girl and her daddy


Happy kids looking for the polar bear





Seriously, though, those animals were trying to avoid the heat as much as the rest of us!  They were all hiding in the shade and it was a long wait for them to give me a good enough picture.  But I did manage to get some.



A little blurry but I had to--such a beautiful animal!
Sleepy rhino
Modeling for the camera



This shy guy was trying to hide itself under leaves




Afterward, we went to a nearby park to eat sandwiches and I fell asleep on a blanket.  And theeeennnn again on the ride home.  I was so, so tired!  But the evening didn't end there.  Because the day could not be complete until we had some Hokulia.  Their pomegranate flavor is so good!  After enjoying the most delicious shaved ice, Dan and I went over to BYU to listen to the Quinntriplets.  Man, can those girls sing!  They are so good!



And so ended a great day!

PS.  We finally bought me a dresser!  My home is coming together and I couldn't be happier about it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments