#captureyourgrief

Day 5 - Empathy Losing our baby was so so hard and it continues to be.  But knowing that people are thinking about me, my husband, and...

Day 5 - Empathy



Losing our baby was so so hard and it continues to be.  But knowing that people are thinking about me, my husband, and especially Grayson, lessens the sting just a little bit.  When Grayson passed, we were met with so much service and kindness that it brought me to tears.  Driving home, we noticed green ribbons all around our neighborhood in honor of Grayson, along with blue ribbons in honor of a dear friend's baby, who had gone to heaven about three weeks before.  There were ribbons all over my front lawn placed by my loving ward family.  And when I walked inside my home, there were my mother and sister in laws, ready to show me something they worked on while I was in the hospital.  They walked me back to a fully finished nursery.  I was amazed at the love they had for me and Grayson to make such a sacred little room for me and Dan.  Now, whenever I feel lonely or far away from my baby, I go to the nursery and can reflect and pray in peace.

Any amount of service to me, any hug, or note, or cookies, means something.  It means the world to me.  It means you're thinking of me and of Grayson.  And knowing that Grayson is not forgotten truly does mean the world to me.

So if you know someone grieving the loss of their child, mention that child.  Mention that you are thinking about them.  Say their name.  And listen.  Their mom may have a lot to talk about and a listening ear might be exactly what she needs.

You Might Also Like

0 comments